You want to design graphics for your website or client, but you aren’t sure whether to choose Canva or Adobe spark? Allow us to assist with your decision.
Canva has over 30 million monthly active users and Adobe spark has almost 10 million monthly active users.
Canva is a graphic design platform, used to create social media graphics, presentations, posters, documents, and other visual content.
Adobe spark is an all in one online and mobile design app. Easily create stunning social graphics, short videos, and web pages
So let’s start the detailed comparison between canva and adobe spark.
- 1 Introduction – Canva vs Adobe Spark
- 2 Free Trial – Canva vs Adobe Spark
- 3 Pricing – Canva vs Adobe Spark
- 4 Pros & Cons – Canva vs Adobe Spark
- 5 Comparison – Canva vs Adobe Spark
- 6 Conclusion
Introduction – Canva vs Adobe Spark
Features of Canva:
Canva is a online graphics designing tool. where you can make any type of graphics design that you want within few minutes.
The canva editor comes with many amazing features – photo straightener, image cropper, add text to photo, speech bubble maker, enhancer, image blur, photo vignette, photo frames, stickers, and many more.
Canva provides thousands of templates, which means you don’t need to create a new design every time, you can take inspiration from the pre-made templates, and then you need to edit their pre-made templates to make your own design.
If you want to create a custom-sized image then canva also provides custom dimensions feature with blank pages and you can resize canva images anytime from the editor.
In 2020 canva introduces a new version (canva 2.o). This version comes with many amazing features – you can create a small gif, MP4, and many more.
Using canva you can build amazing graphics within a minute and easily export files in many different formats (PNG, JPG, PDF, MP4, GIF).
- Photo straightener – Use a photo straightener to the inline photo.
- Image cropper – Crop your image for great framing.
- Add text to photo – Easily add text to photo.
- Speech bubble maker – Give your photos a voice with speech.
- Enhancer – Enhance your photo to save any off shots.
- Image blur – Easily blur your photo to give an amazing look.
- Photo vignette – Add vignette fair in your picture.
- Photo frames – Use a photo frame to design images.
- Stickers – Add surprise stickers to your image.
See all features of Canva
Features of Adobe Spark:
Adobe spark is also graphics designing tool but adobe spark provide extra features – video, web page making. In Adobe spark you can build amazing graphics, videos, and web pages in the visual method using the editor.
Adobe editor offers many features that help you to design perfect graphics (i.e – Resize, Crop, Blur, etc).
There are many features available in adobe spark but the best features of adobe spark are you can build graphics, video stories, and web pages with only one subscription.
In adobe spark, you can not only make graphics, but you can also make video stories and web pages.
In adobe spark, there are thousands of pre maid templates, video stories, web pages are available, that you can use in your own project.
- Beautiful typography – There are many pre-build designed font is available.
- Iconic imagery – Select thousands of photos from the web or pick from the adobe collection.
- Professional themes – Explore unlimited pre-built professional themes and use them in your design.
- Mobile and web – Access adobe spark from the mobile app and online website.
- Inspiration – Get inspired by other creators.
See all features of Adobe Spark
Free Trial – Canva vs Adobe Spark
Canva Free Plan
Canva provides lifetime free plan. In the canva free plan, you can export images without watermark.
If you go with a permanent canva free plan then there are many limitations.
The small limitation in canva is you can’t make an image transparent background in the free plan. So if you want to make a logo then you must go with a premium plan or try canva free trial.
If you want to know how to get canva free trial then click here
Features available in free plan
- Two folders to organize designs
- 1GB storage for photos and assets
- Access to over 8,000 templates
- Upload your own images
- Access millions of photos starting at $1 each
Also read – How to upload fonts to canva
Adobe Spark Free Plan
Adobe spark also provides a free plan for lifetime, In adobe spark free you can access few features.
If you want to go with a permanent free plan then you could not access all features. In Adobe spark without a premium plan, you can use everything but the big watermark comes always.
The major limitation of adobe spark is when you export your graphics, videos, web pages the watermark will come.
Features available in free trial:
- Use free image and icons in your design
- Create a spark page
- Create spark video
- Watermark show while exporting
Canva and Adobe spark provides a free plan only for learning purposes. So if you have a website or youtube channel or anything that needs this type of thing then go with a premium plan to enjoy all the benefits.
Also Read – Crello vs Canva
Pricing – Canva vs Adobe Spark
The price of canva subscription is 12.95$ per month.
Features available in canva premium plan:
- Unlimited folders for your designs
- Team functionalities
- Unlimited storage for photos and assets
- Upload your own images
- Access millions of photos starting at $1 each
- Exclusive access to 400,000 free photos, illustrations, and templates
- Magically resize your designs
- Upload custom fonts for your brand
- Set color palettes for your brand
- Save templates for you and your team
- Organize your photos with folders
- Easily find your designs with a search
- Resize designs into custom dimensions
- Download designs with transparent background
- Export designs as animated GIFs
- Priority support
Did you know how to upload a custom font to canva? If no then check this tutorial on techcopes.
Adobe spark pricing
The price of an adobe spark subscription is 10$ per month.
Features available in adobe spark premium plan:
- Thousands of free images and icons available.
- Remove adobe spark watermark in all your projects for all time.
- Export video without watermark.
- Personalize any design with its own logo, brand color, etc.
- Create a design from a pre-made branded template and themes.
- Complete access to the adobe premium library.
Similar comparison – Domain Vs WorkGroup
Pros & Cons – Canva vs Adobe Spark
Canva pros & cons
|Resizing feature||Not good customer service|
|Shapes & Elements||Fewer effects|
|Stock photos||No eraser for uploaded images.|
|Many free fonts||Free features vs paid features|
|Many free templates||Exported JPEG format quality is not good|
|Offers Pre-Made Templates Even with Free Plan||Lots of shapes that are paid add-ons.|
These pros and cons based on the free version of canva. If you go with the paid version then the cons will be very less.
Adobe spark pros & cons
|Easy to use.||There are limits to how/where you can place the text.|
|Creates a professional quality product.||The stock music selection is limited – I’m running out of choices.|
|Stock images and music within the software.||It’s meant for short videos|
|A preview link can be sent to colleagues for editing and review.||The default on each slide in a video is two seconds|
Also read – VidIQ vs TubeBuddy
Comparison – Canva vs Adobe Spark
Canva is older then adobe spark but adobe spark offers more tools as compare to canva (canva only provide graphics design tool but adobe spark provides video, web pages, graphic design tools).
In terms of resolution, canva is better than adobe spark but you must have to choose high quality before exporting anything.
Canva is popular in making graphic designing most of the users use canva for designing graphic for social media, blog, or brand.
Adobe spark is popular in making videos, the majority of the users use adobe spark for designing video for their youtube channel or brand.
Canva contact support is better than adobe spark because canva support team provides support on calls and email but the adobe spark contact support team provides contact support only via email.
|Design type||Graphic design||video, web pages, graphic design|
|User friendly||Yes||Yes but little bit tricky|
|Editing tools||Image||Image, video, web page|
|Popular tools||Graphics maker||Video maker|
|Contact support||Email, phone|
Also read – Zoho Mail vs Gmail
My opinion about Canva vs Adobe spark:
If you want to go with features then Adobe Spark is best because Adobe Spark provides many features like video, web pages at less price. But in Canva there is no video no web pages only graphics.
If you want to go with a free plan then Canva is best because you can export your image without a watermark. But in Adobe Spark watermark will come.
If you want to go with price then Adobe Spark is at less price as compared to their features.
Therefore, If you want to use free then Canva is best but if you want to go with a premium then Adobe spark is best.
Now choice is completely yours 🙂
Which one you choose after reading this comparison, please let me know via comment 🙂