Last updated on June 26th, 2022 by Rahul Kumar Singh
If you have a windows phone and are you looking for android apps but on a windows phone, you can’t install android apps because windows and android are the different operating systems.
So officially you can’t install android apps on a Windows phone but there are some ways that you can use to install android apps on a Windows phone. So let’s begin
You might be searching for an android app in a window phone because:
- Some apps are only available in Android OS and you want that app.
- Windows phone apps may fewer features.
- The Windows phone app is not working properly.
After 2019 Windows 10 Mobile users are no longer eligible to receive new security updates, non-security hotfixes, free assisted support options, or online technical content updates from Microsoft free. Read all information here
How to Install Android Apps on Windows Phone:
There are two methods to install android apps on windows phone, first using appx/xap file and the second using pc. I prefer the second PC method as the best method.
The first method I have for you is using your phone
You must have the internet on your windows phone to use the method to download and install sideloaded apps.
If you have windows 10 phone then you need to find the appx bundle file and then download it If you have Windows 8 or 8.1 Phone then you need to find APPX / XAP file to run some apps that are not available in the windows store.
- First, visit this website to find your application that is not available in the Windows Store
- Now search for an android app and download the file.
- If your file download is completed then you need to install it on your windows phone.
- Go to your phone setting.
- In the setting, you need to find the developer option that is located on the Update & Security.
- In the developer, the option enables sideloaded apps.
- Now go to your file manager and find the file that you download earlier.
- Click on the App file (APPX / XAP) then in some seconds you will see a popup window where you need to click on the install button and wait some minutes (it depends on your file size) to successfully install apps on your mobile.
The second method I have for you is to use a desktop
You must have a computer and Lumia device (Check all supported Lumia devices below) and Android SDK, and Wconnect tool to use this method.
If you want to install the .apk file on your Lumia device then see if your device name is listed below then you can apply these tricks to install android apps on your windows phone.
- Lumia 920
- Lumia 925
- Lumia 929
- Lumia 830
- Lumia 930
- Lumia 1520
- Lumia 635
- Lumia 730
- Lumia 820
- Lumia 435
- Lumia 928
Now you need to install two apps on your desktop or laptop (Without this app you can’t do anything)
- Wconnect tool
- Android SDK
Here is how to install apk on windows phone:
- Extract the APK file that you downloaded.
- Open the wconnect folder
- Then Install IpOverUsbInstaller.msi & vcredist_x86.exe file.
- Now in your windows 10 mobile go to Settings > Update & security > For Developers
- Enable Developers Mode
- Go to the extracted file in wconnect folder Now Press Shift + Right-Click to open the command prompt
- Now, connect your Windows phone to the computer using USB or Wi-Fi. Type the pairing codes to connect,
- Go to the extracted folder (ADB) Now Press Shift + Right-Click to open the command prompt
- Make sure your Windows phone is connected via USB or wifi: Now type adb devices in the command prompt. and then press Enter to run it.
- Copy the APK file or Android app
- Now install in the adb folder and then type adb install to install apk file…
If you need some proof then this video contains a live example 🙂
I hope you guys like this article if you have any questions then write in the comment box I will reply to you. Enjoy your new android apps
Also, Read – How to install Dell Mobile Connect app on any device